Skip to main content

Self Control

Why can't people control themselves, their emotions, and their actions? I'm not sure and not one to be preaching because it is a known fact, when life gets rough, I cry :'-(. If someone yells at me, I cry. If something is sad, I cry. If something is happy, I cry. Yes, I need to work on that. Toughen up woman!

I am mostly talking about controlling anger and actions (male & female). Why do people get aggressive and what to argue or get in a fist fight? If someone accidentally bumps into you, does that mean punch them in the face? If someone says something to you that you misunderstand, does that mean you start yelling at them? Even if you are alone and upset, does that mean you can throw a temper tantrum screaming and yelling? Yes, you have a right to be angry. However, anger is no excuse to verbally or physically abuse others (by the way, anger comes from fear). You also have the right to choose how to express our feelings. But please try to find a constructive way to express your feelings.

Oh and one more thing, just because alcohol is involved, this isn't an excuse to say it is ok to do these things. It makes you look bad and makes the people around you uncomfortable. In fact, you need to practice even more self control while you are intoxicated.

Don't worry, self control can be developed and strengthened. You need to be aware of your problem area and take action when things start to get out of control. Think of the good and don't dwell on the bad.

If it were me, I'd blow it off, and have a beer, it's really not that big a deal. Cheers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

132nd New Thing - Played with Talking Tom Cat

I was searching through apps on my Droid Razr and came about Outfit7's Talking Tom Cat . This app is described as a cat that responds to your touch and repeats everything you say in a funny voice. I wanted to see what it was all about so I downloaded the app to my Razr to check it out. You can Talk to Tom and he will repeat everything you say with a funny voice, pet his body or head to make him purr, poke his head, belly or feet, grab his tail, pour a glass of milk for him to drink, and forget about him and he will yawn or sneeze. I find Tom only slightly enjoyable. What did you do today?

Eating My Way Thru NOLA - Day 3

NOLA  - October 2018 PJ's Coffee  (5432 Magazine St, New Orleans LA 70115) - Goal was The King Cake Protein Velvet Ice but apparently that was only seasonal around Mardi Gras. So I got a PJ's Original Cold Brew Iced Coffee instead. A chain but good stuff. Royal House (441 Royal St, New Orleans LA 70130) - Crawfish Benedict with a side of grits was very tasty. Parran’s Po-Boys & Restaurant (3939 Veterans Blvd, Metairie LA 70002) - Seafood Trifecta (1/3 fried shrimp sandwich, 1/3 fried oyster sandwich, 1/3 fried catfish sandwich *best*) dressed (mayo, lettuce, tomato). Chilly's Snoballs (3940 Veterans Memorial Blvd, Metairie LA 70006) - Sampled a few and then ordered 8oz Douberge and 8oz Wedding Cake from the drive-thru. Toups Meatery (845 N Carrollton Ave, New Orleans LA 70119) - Boudin Balls to go Mother's Restaurant (401 Poydras St, New Orleans LA 70130) - Ham, Jambalaya, Red Beans & Rice Other snacks ...

144th New Thing - Ate a LQ Belgian Waffle

We stayed at the La Quinta Inn & Suites  the past 2 nights since my brother and sister-in-law were visiting Colorado to ski. LQ's serve free Bright Side Breakfast daily as an amenity to all guests. The Bright Side Breakfast includes: waffles, hot and cold cereal, bread/bagels/muffins/pastries, hard boiled eggs, fresh fruit, and all-you-can-drink coffee/juice/milk. This morning, I made-my-own LQ Belgian Waffle. They make the batter and you make the waffle on their iron. It cooked evenly and turned out fluffy and tender. I wonder what mix they use for the batter (my 1st internet search suggested that they buy their waffle mix from Sysco , my 2nd internet image search found out it is Carbon's Golden Malted Original Pancake & Waffle Flour). I ate 1/2 of my waffle with syrup and fruit and the other half with PB&J. It was a good breakfast to have before skiing, again! What did you do today?