Skip to main content

Moving Time (part 1)

So moving time is finally here. Time to start a new chapter in my life, chapter 6 as a matter of fact (ch 1 – birth, ch 2 – elementary school, ch 3 – high school, ch 4 – WVU, ch 5 – Chicago).

Anyways, everything’s packed and ready to go. EXCELLENT Parting Party on Friday! Sorry I missed some of you... I’m so glad everyone else showed and had such a great time. Although, it was a little hard to get up the next morning and move all the boxes & furniture into the Penske Truck. BUT that also went smoothly as a group of the most helpful friends chipped in and we were done in about an hour and a half. I said my goodbyes and shed some tears but it still didn’t really seem real until I hopped behind the wheel. It was so hard to actually drive away and leave, I left my apt, my home of 4 years, my family in Indi, my roommates, and worst of all, some of the greatest friends ever! I guess now is the time it all comes to reality. I didn’t think I’d be chokin back the tears for the 1st 5 hours of the trip. Pulling away from my hood and seeing the Chicago skyline get smaller and smaller, started it all. I just kept thinking of all the great memories. the countless minutes and hours of cornfields. Every song on the radio was sad in some way. My best bets were some old school rap and hard core alternative. Then Iowa came and gone, as well as Nebraska and that’s where we needed a break in Cozad, the 100th Meridan “where East meets West.” I'm exhausted, that is all I can say for now. I probably should be happy and excited but all I really want to do it re-read chapter 5… yes it was THAT good!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

132nd New Thing - Played with Talking Tom Cat

I was searching through apps on my Droid Razr and came about Outfit7's Talking Tom Cat . This app is described as a cat that responds to your touch and repeats everything you say in a funny voice. I wanted to see what it was all about so I downloaded the app to my Razr to check it out. You can Talk to Tom and he will repeat everything you say with a funny voice, pet his body or head to make him purr, poke his head, belly or feet, grab his tail, pour a glass of milk for him to drink, and forget about him and he will yawn or sneeze. I find Tom only slightly enjoyable. What did you do today?

Eating My Way Thru NOLA - Day 3

NOLA  - October 2018 PJ's Coffee  (5432 Magazine St, New Orleans LA 70115) - Goal was The King Cake Protein Velvet Ice but apparently that was only seasonal around Mardi Gras. So I got a PJ's Original Cold Brew Iced Coffee instead. A chain but good stuff. Royal House (441 Royal St, New Orleans LA 70130) - Crawfish Benedict with a side of grits was very tasty. Parran’s Po-Boys & Restaurant (3939 Veterans Blvd, Metairie LA 70002) - Seafood Trifecta (1/3 fried shrimp sandwich, 1/3 fried oyster sandwich, 1/3 fried catfish sandwich *best*) dressed (mayo, lettuce, tomato). Chilly's Snoballs (3940 Veterans Memorial Blvd, Metairie LA 70006) - Sampled a few and then ordered 8oz Douberge and 8oz Wedding Cake from the drive-thru. Toups Meatery (845 N Carrollton Ave, New Orleans LA 70119) - Boudin Balls to go Mother's Restaurant (401 Poydras St, New Orleans LA 70130) - Ham, Jambalaya, Red Beans & Rice Other snacks ...

144th New Thing - Ate a LQ Belgian Waffle

We stayed at the La Quinta Inn & Suites  the past 2 nights since my brother and sister-in-law were visiting Colorado to ski. LQ's serve free Bright Side Breakfast daily as an amenity to all guests. The Bright Side Breakfast includes: waffles, hot and cold cereal, bread/bagels/muffins/pastries, hard boiled eggs, fresh fruit, and all-you-can-drink coffee/juice/milk. This morning, I made-my-own LQ Belgian Waffle. They make the batter and you make the waffle on their iron. It cooked evenly and turned out fluffy and tender. I wonder what mix they use for the batter (my 1st internet search suggested that they buy their waffle mix from Sysco , my 2nd internet image search found out it is Carbon's Golden Malted Original Pancake & Waffle Flour). I ate 1/2 of my waffle with syrup and fruit and the other half with PB&J. It was a good breakfast to have before skiing, again! What did you do today?