Skip to main content

Moving Time (part 2)

Ok let me redeem myself for that last entry was pretty sappy. Day 2 of driving was not as bad since it was only a 4.5 hr drive. We got to CO pretty quickly and had to get some more ghetto gas.


The move-in wasn’t so bad… there is an elevator, however, you had to go up like 7 steps to get on it and then you had to either go to the 2nd floor and go up 7 steps or to the 3rd floor and go down 7 steps. So the moving dolly helped somewhat but not quite as easy as I thought. Also the damn dolly had tiny hard plastic wheels instead of the big rubber ones that are usually on dollies. After all that, I think I need a chiropractor.


Let me break it down for ya…

The Good - We made it to Colorado (sunshine most of the way) safely in approximately 16.5 hrs. My apt (inside) is great, the paint job is nice, quite spacious, I love my walk-in closet!

The Bad - The office lady I met in July at my new apt complex quit and some new girl that knew absolutely nothing tried to help me sign the lease. I also am stuck at $553/mo and couldn’t get a lower price. I’ve only seen old people, foreign people, and non-white people in my community so far. My apt is in a bit more of a ghetto area than I thought and is a little further away from what I thought.

The Ugly - Apparently the A/C for the whole community is broken. They don’t know what is wrong with it or when it will be fixed. Although nights are pretty cool and dry, a fan works just fine.

Anyways…

We unloaded everything but the freakin sofa bed. We left that in the truck and took off to test drive a car. A white Pontiac Grand Prix for $3000, real nice (and cute) guy named Brett. Turns out he and his wife, Jill, moved from Chicago to Denver 2 yrs ago. They even lived in Lakeview, what a coincidence! AND it so happens, the wifey works for some company Thomson Reuters that is looking for Marketing Associates like immediately! Awesome, I will get more info on that asap. THEN we went to Pier 1 and the grocery store and it is quite late so I’m turning in. No unsecured wireless connections tonight… I’ll have to upload tomorrow (which is now today).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Year's Resolutions

1. To get a job I will be able to apply my expertise and grow within the company. 2. To learn as much as possible in my classes at DU and earn A+s. 3. To workout and push myself a little harder. 4. To be a better friend and family member. 5. Be more positive and spiritual. 6. To live each day to its fullest!

111th New Thing - Took a Zyrtec

If you recall, I went to the dermatologist to get a skin screening for the 1st time back in December. When I was there, the doctor did a biopsy of 1 of the moles on my back (which came back as normal, by the way). The area was healing pretty well until about 2 weeks ago. The area around the wound started getting bigger instead of smaller and oozing. Therefore, I went back to my doctor to check it out. She said I was having an allergic reaction to something, probably the Neosporin . She gave me some new ointment, Vanos , and said I should take Zyrtec until the area starts to get better. Vanos (fluocinonide) Cream is indicated for the relief of the inflammatory and pruritic manifestations of corticosteroid responsive dermatoses in patients. Best results are seen if used twice per day. Zyrtec (cetirizine) is an antihistamine that reduces the effects of natural chemical histamine in the body. Histamine can produce symptoms of sneezing, itching, watery eyes, and runny nose. Zyrtec can be u

Eating My Way Thru NE Day 2 - MA

Massachusetts  Atlantic Cod & Onion Rings from Liam's at Nauset Beach  (239 Beach Rd, Orleans MA 02653) - also worth the wait to eat a basket right on the beach Clam Chowder from  Captain Parker’s Pub (668 Rt 28, West Yarmouth MA 02673) - best chowdah evah, so creamy and fresh Coffee Coolatta (Oreo) from the 1st Dunkin' Donuts (543 Southern Artery, Quincy MA 02169) - where it all began, Oreo was a great sweet pick-me-up on the drive Crab Roll from Kelly’s Roast Beef  (35 Revere Beach Pkwy, Medford MA) - delicious, all the rolls looked great but we went with crab since we already had clam that day Necco  Sky Bar  from a convenience store - this was just ok, I've had way better chocolate bars and candy (I have Swiss ties), peanut and fudge were probably the better 2 of the 4