Skip to main content

136th New Thing - Recycled Old Cellphones

I have a total of 5 old and unused cellphones now that are pretty useless so I decided to charge them, play with them, delete all info, and then recycle them. I can easily part ways with 2 of my old cellphones. My 1st cellphone was an LG 4NE1 (featuring MIDI ringers, neck strap, and changeable side covers) with Sprint PCS and an old 304 WV area code. My 2nd cellphone was a Samsung A670 (a flip phone featuring a colorized display, 32 mb memory, and 0.3 megapixel camera) with Verizon Wireless and my current 773 IL area code. Technology has come a far way from 10 years ago. I knew Target had a MP3/Cellphone/Ink Cartridge Recycling Bin at their store so we walked over there since it was 60F outside today. Electronic waste is collected by a national vendor who resells them for reuse, refurbishing or recycling. Anything that can’t be reused is scrapped by companies that dispose of the materials responsibly. In the 1st 9 months of their recycling program, they collected and recycled approximately 1.5 million units of ink cartridges, MP3 players, and cellphones. Target also has recycling bins for plastic bags and glass/plastic/aluminum so get out there, be more green, and recycle!
                
     
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle! 
 Image Detail

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

132nd New Thing - Played with Talking Tom Cat

I was searching through apps on my Droid Razr and came about Outfit7's Talking Tom Cat . This app is described as a cat that responds to your touch and repeats everything you say in a funny voice. I wanted to see what it was all about so I downloaded the app to my Razr to check it out. You can Talk to Tom and he will repeat everything you say with a funny voice, pet his body or head to make him purr, poke his head, belly or feet, grab his tail, pour a glass of milk for him to drink, and forget about him and he will yawn or sneeze. I find Tom only slightly enjoyable. What did you do today?

Eating My Way Thru NOLA - Day 3

NOLA  - October 2018 PJ's Coffee  (5432 Magazine St, New Orleans LA 70115) - Goal was The King Cake Protein Velvet Ice but apparently that was only seasonal around Mardi Gras. So I got a PJ's Original Cold Brew Iced Coffee instead. A chain but good stuff. Royal House (441 Royal St, New Orleans LA 70130) - Crawfish Benedict with a side of grits was very tasty. Parran’s Po-Boys & Restaurant (3939 Veterans Blvd, Metairie LA 70002) - Seafood Trifecta (1/3 fried shrimp sandwich, 1/3 fried oyster sandwich, 1/3 fried catfish sandwich *best*) dressed (mayo, lettuce, tomato). Chilly's Snoballs (3940 Veterans Memorial Blvd, Metairie LA 70006) - Sampled a few and then ordered 8oz Douberge and 8oz Wedding Cake from the drive-thru. Toups Meatery (845 N Carrollton Ave, New Orleans LA 70119) - Boudin Balls to go Mother's Restaurant (401 Poydras St, New Orleans LA 70130) - Ham, Jambalaya, Red Beans & Rice Other snacks ...

144th New Thing - Ate a LQ Belgian Waffle

We stayed at the La Quinta Inn & Suites  the past 2 nights since my brother and sister-in-law were visiting Colorado to ski. LQ's serve free Bright Side Breakfast daily as an amenity to all guests. The Bright Side Breakfast includes: waffles, hot and cold cereal, bread/bagels/muffins/pastries, hard boiled eggs, fresh fruit, and all-you-can-drink coffee/juice/milk. This morning, I made-my-own LQ Belgian Waffle. They make the batter and you make the waffle on their iron. It cooked evenly and turned out fluffy and tender. I wonder what mix they use for the batter (my 1st internet search suggested that they buy their waffle mix from Sysco , my 2nd internet image search found out it is Carbon's Golden Malted Original Pancake & Waffle Flour). I ate 1/2 of my waffle with syrup and fruit and the other half with PB&J. It was a good breakfast to have before skiing, again! What did you do today?