Skip to main content

34th New Thing - Wrote a Thanksgiving List

Since tomorrow is Thanksgiving, here is a list of things I’m thankful for:
  • My significant other, Matt - my best friend, roommate, confidant, comedy relief, cand more!
  • My family - for all the love and support throughout the years.
  • My friends - for lending an ear.
  • My job - for providing a paycheck.
  • My education - both undergrad and grad degrees.
  • My car - for getting more from point A to point B safely.
  • A roof over my head - for providing heat in the winter and cool in the summer.
  • The ability to purchase food - provides energy and nourishment.
  • The clothes I wear - may be old and out of style but at least I have clothes.
  • The shoes on my feet - I have shoes when people in other countries do not.
  • Good health - I try to eat healthy and exercise every day.
  • My 5 senses - I enjoy seeing, hearing, smelling, tasting, and touching.
  • 300 days of sunshine - people are happier when the sun is shining.
  • No credit card debt - I rack up the bills and pay them in full.
  • Social media - to keep in contact with friends and family.
  • Cable TV - provides wondering entertainment.
  • And many, many, many more things!
What are you thankful for?

    Comments

    Popular posts from this blog

    132nd New Thing - Played with Talking Tom Cat

    I was searching through apps on my Droid Razr and came about Outfit7's Talking Tom Cat . This app is described as a cat that responds to your touch and repeats everything you say in a funny voice. I wanted to see what it was all about so I downloaded the app to my Razr to check it out. You can Talk to Tom and he will repeat everything you say with a funny voice, pet his body or head to make him purr, poke his head, belly or feet, grab his tail, pour a glass of milk for him to drink, and forget about him and he will yawn or sneeze. I find Tom only slightly enjoyable. What did you do today?

    Eating My Way Thru NOLA - Day 3

    NOLA  - October 2018 PJ's Coffee  (5432 Magazine St, New Orleans LA 70115) - Goal was The King Cake Protein Velvet Ice but apparently that was only seasonal around Mardi Gras. So I got a PJ's Original Cold Brew Iced Coffee instead. A chain but good stuff. Royal House (441 Royal St, New Orleans LA 70130) - Crawfish Benedict with a side of grits was very tasty. Parran’s Po-Boys & Restaurant (3939 Veterans Blvd, Metairie LA 70002) - Seafood Trifecta (1/3 fried shrimp sandwich, 1/3 fried oyster sandwich, 1/3 fried catfish sandwich *best*) dressed (mayo, lettuce, tomato). Chilly's Snoballs (3940 Veterans Memorial Blvd, Metairie LA 70006) - Sampled a few and then ordered 8oz Douberge and 8oz Wedding Cake from the drive-thru. Toups Meatery (845 N Carrollton Ave, New Orleans LA 70119) - Boudin Balls to go Mother's Restaurant (401 Poydras St, New Orleans LA 70130) - Ham, Jambalaya, Red Beans & Rice Other snacks ...

    144th New Thing - Ate a LQ Belgian Waffle

    We stayed at the La Quinta Inn & Suites  the past 2 nights since my brother and sister-in-law were visiting Colorado to ski. LQ's serve free Bright Side Breakfast daily as an amenity to all guests. The Bright Side Breakfast includes: waffles, hot and cold cereal, bread/bagels/muffins/pastries, hard boiled eggs, fresh fruit, and all-you-can-drink coffee/juice/milk. This morning, I made-my-own LQ Belgian Waffle. They make the batter and you make the waffle on their iron. It cooked evenly and turned out fluffy and tender. I wonder what mix they use for the batter (my 1st internet search suggested that they buy their waffle mix from Sysco , my 2nd internet image search found out it is Carbon's Golden Malted Original Pancake & Waffle Flour). I ate 1/2 of my waffle with syrup and fruit and the other half with PB&J. It was a good breakfast to have before skiing, again! What did you do today?