Skip to main content

21st New Thing - Watched 60 Minutes

I decided to watch a show that I've never watched before. I've never watched 60 Minutes even though my dad watched it every Sunday night at 7:00 pm. 60 Minutes is a news television program that has run on CBS since 1968 and averages 13.36 million viewers per week. In 2002, it was ranked #6 on TV Guide's 50 Greatest TV Shows of All Time.

I chose to watch an episode that originally aired on October 2, 2011. Segment 1 was about the earthquake and tsunami that destroyed Japanese town Otsuchi in March. Death toll was about 1,500. Otsuchi has an American Sister City, Fort Bragg, CA. Segment 2 was about 26 year old mountain climber, Alex Honnold, that free solos (scales walls without a harness). He was featured in Sender Films' documentary, Alone on the Wall Segment, 3rd episode of the First Ascent series, where he ascends Yosemite’s famous Half Dome. Segment 3 was about Andy Rooney, the iconic commentator and his remarkable career on 60 Minutes, most famous for the end segment of "A Few Minutes with Andy Rooney" where he offered opinions on everyday issues. His last 3 minutes of the show were a reflection of his life and a thank you. He passed away just recently on November 4, 2011 at 92 years old. I think he is the reason my dad watched the show!

What did you do today?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Year's Resolutions

1. To get a job I will be able to apply my expertise and grow within the company. 2. To learn as much as possible in my classes at DU and earn A+s. 3. To workout and push myself a little harder. 4. To be a better friend and family member. 5. Be more positive and spiritual. 6. To live each day to its fullest!

111th New Thing - Took a Zyrtec

If you recall, I went to the dermatologist to get a skin screening for the 1st time back in December. When I was there, the doctor did a biopsy of 1 of the moles on my back (which came back as normal, by the way). The area was healing pretty well until about 2 weeks ago. The area around the wound started getting bigger instead of smaller and oozing. Therefore, I went back to my doctor to check it out. She said I was having an allergic reaction to something, probably the Neosporin . She gave me some new ointment, Vanos , and said I should take Zyrtec until the area starts to get better. Vanos (fluocinonide) Cream is indicated for the relief of the inflammatory and pruritic manifestations of corticosteroid responsive dermatoses in patients. Best results are seen if used twice per day. Zyrtec (cetirizine) is an antihistamine that reduces the effects of natural chemical histamine in the body. Histamine can produce symptoms of sneezing, itching, watery eyes, and runny nose. Zyrtec can be u

Eating My Way Thru NE Day 2 - MA

Massachusetts  Atlantic Cod & Onion Rings from Liam's at Nauset Beach  (239 Beach Rd, Orleans MA 02653) - also worth the wait to eat a basket right on the beach Clam Chowder from  Captain Parker’s Pub (668 Rt 28, West Yarmouth MA 02673) - best chowdah evah, so creamy and fresh Coffee Coolatta (Oreo) from the 1st Dunkin' Donuts (543 Southern Artery, Quincy MA 02169) - where it all began, Oreo was a great sweet pick-me-up on the drive Crab Roll from Kelly’s Roast Beef  (35 Revere Beach Pkwy, Medford MA) - delicious, all the rolls looked great but we went with crab since we already had clam that day Necco  Sky Bar  from a convenience store - this was just ok, I've had way better chocolate bars and candy (I have Swiss ties), peanut and fudge were probably the better 2 of the 4