Skip to main content

356th New Thing - Used Freecycle

I didn't have time to post the last night, therefore I'm posting this late as this occurred yesterday (Wed 10/10/12).
The Freecycle Network
I signed up for Denver Freecycle emails about 3 years ago when I moved here. Yesterday was the 1st time I took an offer from a member. The Freecycle Network is made up of 5,072 groups with 9,154,477 members across the globe. It's a grassroots and entirely nonprofit movement of people who are giving (and getting) stuff for free in their own towns and thus keeping good stuff out of landfills. A woman posted that she was offering free Decorative Pine Cones, about a dozen pine cones used for decoration, and a porch pick-up. I sent her an email saying I was interest in them (as a centerpiece decorative for our wedding). She told me her address and said they would be in a white garbage bag on her porch. And they were. The pine cones are nice and I think I will use them. Then I may freecycle them back to the community! 

What did you do today?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

132nd New Thing - Played with Talking Tom Cat

I was searching through apps on my Droid Razr and came about Outfit7's Talking Tom Cat . This app is described as a cat that responds to your touch and repeats everything you say in a funny voice. I wanted to see what it was all about so I downloaded the app to my Razr to check it out. You can Talk to Tom and he will repeat everything you say with a funny voice, pet his body or head to make him purr, poke his head, belly or feet, grab his tail, pour a glass of milk for him to drink, and forget about him and he will yawn or sneeze. I find Tom only slightly enjoyable. What did you do today?

Eating My Way Thru NOLA - Day 3

NOLA  - October 2018 PJ's Coffee  (5432 Magazine St, New Orleans LA 70115) - Goal was The King Cake Protein Velvet Ice but apparently that was only seasonal around Mardi Gras. So I got a PJ's Original Cold Brew Iced Coffee instead. A chain but good stuff. Royal House (441 Royal St, New Orleans LA 70130) - Crawfish Benedict with a side of grits was very tasty. Parran’s Po-Boys & Restaurant (3939 Veterans Blvd, Metairie LA 70002) - Seafood Trifecta (1/3 fried shrimp sandwich, 1/3 fried oyster sandwich, 1/3 fried catfish sandwich *best*) dressed (mayo, lettuce, tomato). Chilly's Snoballs (3940 Veterans Memorial Blvd, Metairie LA 70006) - Sampled a few and then ordered 8oz Douberge and 8oz Wedding Cake from the drive-thru. Toups Meatery (845 N Carrollton Ave, New Orleans LA 70119) - Boudin Balls to go Mother's Restaurant (401 Poydras St, New Orleans LA 70130) - Ham, Jambalaya, Red Beans & Rice Other snacks ...

144th New Thing - Ate a LQ Belgian Waffle

We stayed at the La Quinta Inn & Suites  the past 2 nights since my brother and sister-in-law were visiting Colorado to ski. LQ's serve free Bright Side Breakfast daily as an amenity to all guests. The Bright Side Breakfast includes: waffles, hot and cold cereal, bread/bagels/muffins/pastries, hard boiled eggs, fresh fruit, and all-you-can-drink coffee/juice/milk. This morning, I made-my-own LQ Belgian Waffle. They make the batter and you make the waffle on their iron. It cooked evenly and turned out fluffy and tender. I wonder what mix they use for the batter (my 1st internet search suggested that they buy their waffle mix from Sysco , my 2nd internet image search found out it is Carbon's Golden Malted Original Pancake & Waffle Flour). I ate 1/2 of my waffle with syrup and fruit and the other half with PB&J. It was a good breakfast to have before skiing, again! What did you do today?