Skip to main content

186th New Thing - Saw Home Depot's CEO Speak

Image Detail
As an alumni of DU, I'm invited to attend events on campus. Tonight, was Daniels College of Business Voices of Experience speaker series event with Carol Tomé, CEO of The Home Depot. The Daniels speaker series brings in CEOs and significant leaders to share the lessons learned from their triumphs, mistakes, and decisions as they navigated through their leadership careers. The Home Depot is the world's largest home improvement specialty retailer of home improvement and construction products and services with stores (approx 2,248) in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, 10 Canadian provinces, Mexico, and China. The store operates out of large warehouse style buildings averaging 105,000 ft² with megastores operating in larger facilities (the company's largest store, located in Union, New Jersey is 225,000 ft²). The Home Depot is headquartered at the Atlanta Store Support Center in Cobb County, Georgia, in Greater Atlanta.

Carol B. Tomé has served as chief financial officer since May 2001 and was named executive vice president of corporate services at The Home Depot in January 2007. She provides leadership in the areas of real estate, store construction, financial services, strategic business development and growth initiatives. Her corporate finance duties include financial reporting, financial planning and analysis, financial operations, divisional finance, internal audit, investor relations, treasury and tax.

I've shopped at a few times and found it very large and overwhelming. I don't own a home right now, but I could see myself shopping there more often when I buy a house in the (hopefully near) future.
What did you do today?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

132nd New Thing - Played with Talking Tom Cat

I was searching through apps on my Droid Razr and came about Outfit7's Talking Tom Cat . This app is described as a cat that responds to your touch and repeats everything you say in a funny voice. I wanted to see what it was all about so I downloaded the app to my Razr to check it out. You can Talk to Tom and he will repeat everything you say with a funny voice, pet his body or head to make him purr, poke his head, belly or feet, grab his tail, pour a glass of milk for him to drink, and forget about him and he will yawn or sneeze. I find Tom only slightly enjoyable. What did you do today?

Eating My Way Thru NOLA - Day 3

NOLA  - October 2018 PJ's Coffee  (5432 Magazine St, New Orleans LA 70115) - Goal was The King Cake Protein Velvet Ice but apparently that was only seasonal around Mardi Gras. So I got a PJ's Original Cold Brew Iced Coffee instead. A chain but good stuff. Royal House (441 Royal St, New Orleans LA 70130) - Crawfish Benedict with a side of grits was very tasty. Parran’s Po-Boys & Restaurant (3939 Veterans Blvd, Metairie LA 70002) - Seafood Trifecta (1/3 fried shrimp sandwich, 1/3 fried oyster sandwich, 1/3 fried catfish sandwich *best*) dressed (mayo, lettuce, tomato). Chilly's Snoballs (3940 Veterans Memorial Blvd, Metairie LA 70006) - Sampled a few and then ordered 8oz Douberge and 8oz Wedding Cake from the drive-thru. Toups Meatery (845 N Carrollton Ave, New Orleans LA 70119) - Boudin Balls to go Mother's Restaurant (401 Poydras St, New Orleans LA 70130) - Ham, Jambalaya, Red Beans & Rice Other snacks ...

144th New Thing - Ate a LQ Belgian Waffle

We stayed at the La Quinta Inn & Suites  the past 2 nights since my brother and sister-in-law were visiting Colorado to ski. LQ's serve free Bright Side Breakfast daily as an amenity to all guests. The Bright Side Breakfast includes: waffles, hot and cold cereal, bread/bagels/muffins/pastries, hard boiled eggs, fresh fruit, and all-you-can-drink coffee/juice/milk. This morning, I made-my-own LQ Belgian Waffle. They make the batter and you make the waffle on their iron. It cooked evenly and turned out fluffy and tender. I wonder what mix they use for the batter (my 1st internet search suggested that they buy their waffle mix from Sysco , my 2nd internet image search found out it is Carbon's Golden Malted Original Pancake & Waffle Flour). I ate 1/2 of my waffle with syrup and fruit and the other half with PB&J. It was a good breakfast to have before skiing, again! What did you do today?