Skip to main content

313th New Thing - Listened to DMB Live at Wrigley Field

Denver Public Library has audio CDs that you can borrow. Last time I was there at the Virginia Village branch, they had some Dave Matthews Band CDs. I was a big fan back in college but don't have all the CDs. I think I saw them live in concert about 4 times on the east coast. I borrowed DMB's Live at Wrigley Field 2 disc set. DMB is an American rock band that was formed in Charlottesville VA in 1991. Lyrical themes focus on topics ranging from love, sex, the enjoyment and appreciation of life, to ending racism, and political and anti-war statements. The founding members were singer-songwriter and South African guitarist Dave Matthews, bassist Stefan Lessard, drummer/backing vocalist Carter Beauford, and saxophonist LeRoi Moore (died August 2008). Boyd Tinsley was added to the band as a violinist soon after the band was formed. The band has won 1 Grammy Award and was awarded the NAACP Chairman's Award. Live at Wrigley Field occurred September 17th and 18th 2010 as DMB closed out its summer tour at the historic Chicago ball park. One of my favorite live concert songs is Two Step which they played at Wrigley. I'm sure it was an amazing show. I would love to see DMB again, especially at Red Rocks in CO.

Disc 1:
  1. You Might Die Trying
  2. Stay Or Leave
  3. Seven 
  4. Crash Into Me 
  5. Good Good Time 
  6. #41 
  7. Tripping Billies 
  8. Digging A Ditch 
  9. Squirm 
  10. Gravedigger
  11. Spaceman 
  12. Stay 
Disc 2:
  1. Can't Stop
  2. Grey Street
  3. Jimi Thing 
  4. Time Bomb 
  5. Two Step 
  6. Christmas Song
  7. Corn Bread
  8. The Last Stop 

What did you do today?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

132nd New Thing - Played with Talking Tom Cat

I was searching through apps on my Droid Razr and came about Outfit7's Talking Tom Cat . This app is described as a cat that responds to your touch and repeats everything you say in a funny voice. I wanted to see what it was all about so I downloaded the app to my Razr to check it out. You can Talk to Tom and he will repeat everything you say with a funny voice, pet his body or head to make him purr, poke his head, belly or feet, grab his tail, pour a glass of milk for him to drink, and forget about him and he will yawn or sneeze. I find Tom only slightly enjoyable. What did you do today?

Eating My Way Thru NOLA - Day 3

NOLA  - October 2018 PJ's Coffee  (5432 Magazine St, New Orleans LA 70115) - Goal was The King Cake Protein Velvet Ice but apparently that was only seasonal around Mardi Gras. So I got a PJ's Original Cold Brew Iced Coffee instead. A chain but good stuff. Royal House (441 Royal St, New Orleans LA 70130) - Crawfish Benedict with a side of grits was very tasty. Parran’s Po-Boys & Restaurant (3939 Veterans Blvd, Metairie LA 70002) - Seafood Trifecta (1/3 fried shrimp sandwich, 1/3 fried oyster sandwich, 1/3 fried catfish sandwich *best*) dressed (mayo, lettuce, tomato). Chilly's Snoballs (3940 Veterans Memorial Blvd, Metairie LA 70006) - Sampled a few and then ordered 8oz Douberge and 8oz Wedding Cake from the drive-thru. Toups Meatery (845 N Carrollton Ave, New Orleans LA 70119) - Boudin Balls to go Mother's Restaurant (401 Poydras St, New Orleans LA 70130) - Ham, Jambalaya, Red Beans & Rice Other snacks ...

144th New Thing - Ate a LQ Belgian Waffle

We stayed at the La Quinta Inn & Suites  the past 2 nights since my brother and sister-in-law were visiting Colorado to ski. LQ's serve free Bright Side Breakfast daily as an amenity to all guests. The Bright Side Breakfast includes: waffles, hot and cold cereal, bread/bagels/muffins/pastries, hard boiled eggs, fresh fruit, and all-you-can-drink coffee/juice/milk. This morning, I made-my-own LQ Belgian Waffle. They make the batter and you make the waffle on their iron. It cooked evenly and turned out fluffy and tender. I wonder what mix they use for the batter (my 1st internet search suggested that they buy their waffle mix from Sysco , my 2nd internet image search found out it is Carbon's Golden Malted Original Pancake & Waffle Flour). I ate 1/2 of my waffle with syrup and fruit and the other half with PB&J. It was a good breakfast to have before skiing, again! What did you do today?