Skip to main content

314th New Thing - Ran in Brooks Trance


Brooks
I bought a pair of Brooks running shoes online last week and wore them to run 3 miles today. Brooks Sports, Inc. designs and markets performance running shoes, apparel, and accessories for men, women, and kids worldwide. It offers neutral, guidance, support, control, trail, and competition running shoes; tops, shorts, long sleeve tops, sports tanks and bras, skirts, outerwear, and tights and pants; and accessories, such as socks, hats, gloves, and bags. The company also provides shoes with smart cushioning systems that instantaneously adapts to a runner’s unique biomechanics, weight, pace, gait, and surface; and biodegradable running shoes. It sells its products through dealers in the United States and internationally. The company was founded in 1914 and is headquartered in Bothell, Washington. As of December 30, 2004, Brooks Sports, Inc. operated as a subsidiary of Russell Brands, LLC. On August 2, 2006 Russell officially announced its sale to Berkshire Hathaway.

I bought Brooks Women's Trance 11 in size 9.5 in Shadow/Hibiscus/Black color. The shoe offers a deluxe ride from heel to toe and delivers total plushness in a tailored package. It has been engineered to include all of the top of the line technologies that Brooks has developed over the past few years. A full-length caterpillar crash pad with independent integrated segments provides an exceptionally smooth laydown and a foam constructed saddle conforms to the foot for a custom fit. Runner's World named the Trance 11 their Editor's Choice in the Spring Shoe Guide in their March 2012 issue. These top features can have a positive impact on your running. Sells online at BrooksRunning.com for $140.0. When I put them on they felt great walking around. After running 3 miles, I think they felt a little stiff and need to be broken in more.
What did you do today?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

132nd New Thing - Played with Talking Tom Cat

I was searching through apps on my Droid Razr and came about Outfit7's Talking Tom Cat . This app is described as a cat that responds to your touch and repeats everything you say in a funny voice. I wanted to see what it was all about so I downloaded the app to my Razr to check it out. You can Talk to Tom and he will repeat everything you say with a funny voice, pet his body or head to make him purr, poke his head, belly or feet, grab his tail, pour a glass of milk for him to drink, and forget about him and he will yawn or sneeze. I find Tom only slightly enjoyable. What did you do today?

Eating My Way Thru NOLA - Day 3

NOLA  - October 2018 PJ's Coffee  (5432 Magazine St, New Orleans LA 70115) - Goal was The King Cake Protein Velvet Ice but apparently that was only seasonal around Mardi Gras. So I got a PJ's Original Cold Brew Iced Coffee instead. A chain but good stuff. Royal House (441 Royal St, New Orleans LA 70130) - Crawfish Benedict with a side of grits was very tasty. Parran’s Po-Boys & Restaurant (3939 Veterans Blvd, Metairie LA 70002) - Seafood Trifecta (1/3 fried shrimp sandwich, 1/3 fried oyster sandwich, 1/3 fried catfish sandwich *best*) dressed (mayo, lettuce, tomato). Chilly's Snoballs (3940 Veterans Memorial Blvd, Metairie LA 70006) - Sampled a few and then ordered 8oz Douberge and 8oz Wedding Cake from the drive-thru. Toups Meatery (845 N Carrollton Ave, New Orleans LA 70119) - Boudin Balls to go Mother's Restaurant (401 Poydras St, New Orleans LA 70130) - Ham, Jambalaya, Red Beans & Rice Other snacks ...

144th New Thing - Ate a LQ Belgian Waffle

We stayed at the La Quinta Inn & Suites  the past 2 nights since my brother and sister-in-law were visiting Colorado to ski. LQ's serve free Bright Side Breakfast daily as an amenity to all guests. The Bright Side Breakfast includes: waffles, hot and cold cereal, bread/bagels/muffins/pastries, hard boiled eggs, fresh fruit, and all-you-can-drink coffee/juice/milk. This morning, I made-my-own LQ Belgian Waffle. They make the batter and you make the waffle on their iron. It cooked evenly and turned out fluffy and tender. I wonder what mix they use for the batter (my 1st internet search suggested that they buy their waffle mix from Sysco , my 2nd internet image search found out it is Carbon's Golden Malted Original Pancake & Waffle Flour). I ate 1/2 of my waffle with syrup and fruit and the other half with PB&J. It was a good breakfast to have before skiing, again! What did you do today?