Skip to main content

316th New Thing - Tried GU Chomps

GU Energy Labs
I picked up a free sample packet of GU Chomps watermelon flavor somewhere, probably a fitness expo or something. GU Chomps utilize GU Energy Gel's carbohydrates, amino acids, antioxidants and electrolytes in a chewable form. Chomps can be consumed before, during, and right after activity. A 2-serving packet will provide 180 calories and 60 grams of carbohydrates.

What's in it?
  • Carbohydrates - A balance of complex carbs (maltodextrin) and simple carbs (tapioca syrup and cane sugar) as the basis for delivering fast and usable energy.
  • Amino Acids - The GU amino blend is included for added focus, rippin' energy and speedy recovery.
  • Antioxidants - Vitamin C + E, those mighty antioxidants that combat tissue breakdown.
  • Electrolytes - Sodium and potassium to restore electrolyte balance.
  • Caffeine - Some Chomps flavors are caffeinated, some are not. We add caffeine for two reasons: It acts as a stimulant and it can lower the perceived effort. 
GU Chomps
It is available in watermelon, cranberry apple, strawberry, blueberry pomegranate, orange and peach tea flavors. I ran 10 miles today and popped one in around mile 6. I'm not a fan of most chews as they are sticky and kinda dry your mouth out after you eat it. But I sucked on these on the side of my mouth like a hard candy. I felt it gave me more energy to finish my run.

 What did you do today?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

132nd New Thing - Played with Talking Tom Cat

I was searching through apps on my Droid Razr and came about Outfit7's Talking Tom Cat . This app is described as a cat that responds to your touch and repeats everything you say in a funny voice. I wanted to see what it was all about so I downloaded the app to my Razr to check it out. You can Talk to Tom and he will repeat everything you say with a funny voice, pet his body or head to make him purr, poke his head, belly or feet, grab his tail, pour a glass of milk for him to drink, and forget about him and he will yawn or sneeze. I find Tom only slightly enjoyable. What did you do today?

Eating My Way Thru NOLA - Day 3

NOLA  - October 2018 PJ's Coffee  (5432 Magazine St, New Orleans LA 70115) - Goal was The King Cake Protein Velvet Ice but apparently that was only seasonal around Mardi Gras. So I got a PJ's Original Cold Brew Iced Coffee instead. A chain but good stuff. Royal House (441 Royal St, New Orleans LA 70130) - Crawfish Benedict with a side of grits was very tasty. Parran’s Po-Boys & Restaurant (3939 Veterans Blvd, Metairie LA 70002) - Seafood Trifecta (1/3 fried shrimp sandwich, 1/3 fried oyster sandwich, 1/3 fried catfish sandwich *best*) dressed (mayo, lettuce, tomato). Chilly's Snoballs (3940 Veterans Memorial Blvd, Metairie LA 70006) - Sampled a few and then ordered 8oz Douberge and 8oz Wedding Cake from the drive-thru. Toups Meatery (845 N Carrollton Ave, New Orleans LA 70119) - Boudin Balls to go Mother's Restaurant (401 Poydras St, New Orleans LA 70130) - Ham, Jambalaya, Red Beans & Rice Other snacks ...

144th New Thing - Ate a LQ Belgian Waffle

We stayed at the La Quinta Inn & Suites  the past 2 nights since my brother and sister-in-law were visiting Colorado to ski. LQ's serve free Bright Side Breakfast daily as an amenity to all guests. The Bright Side Breakfast includes: waffles, hot and cold cereal, bread/bagels/muffins/pastries, hard boiled eggs, fresh fruit, and all-you-can-drink coffee/juice/milk. This morning, I made-my-own LQ Belgian Waffle. They make the batter and you make the waffle on their iron. It cooked evenly and turned out fluffy and tender. I wonder what mix they use for the batter (my 1st internet search suggested that they buy their waffle mix from Sysco , my 2nd internet image search found out it is Carbon's Golden Malted Original Pancake & Waffle Flour). I ate 1/2 of my waffle with syrup and fruit and the other half with PB&J. It was a good breakfast to have before skiing, again! What did you do today?