Skip to main content

201st New Thing - Went to Vinue



I've kinda recently sorta began dappling into maybe imagining of starting to think about opening my own retail store, perhaps, haha. Obviously, it is just a thought that I would like to consider sometime in the future. So I reached out to a DU MBA alumni that owns a retail store for some background, help, advice, and ideas on running your own business. She suggested we go to Vinue Food and Wine Bar in Cherry Creek, down the street from her store for happy hour. Vinue offers a world wine tasting experience set in a warm inviting atmosphere and small plates of food. Vinue caters 68 different wines from around the globe including champagne, ports, and dessert wines They offer a very unique experience by allowing the guest to self sample all our wines in 3 different amounts, 1.5oz, 3oz, and 6oz, all of which are dispensed in portion-controlled pours using the Enomatic wine system that range from $2.75 to $19 for 1.5oz, depending upon the wine. Vinue also had house wines on happy hour special for $5 so I had a Sauvignon Blanc. I will have to be more adventurous next time I go to Vinue to taste wines from around the world. My meeting went well; there is a lot to consider to start my own business. I need to define my business plan, research retail locations, obtain financing, amongst other things.

What did you do today?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

132nd New Thing - Played with Talking Tom Cat

I was searching through apps on my Droid Razr and came about Outfit7's Talking Tom Cat . This app is described as a cat that responds to your touch and repeats everything you say in a funny voice. I wanted to see what it was all about so I downloaded the app to my Razr to check it out. You can Talk to Tom and he will repeat everything you say with a funny voice, pet his body or head to make him purr, poke his head, belly or feet, grab his tail, pour a glass of milk for him to drink, and forget about him and he will yawn or sneeze. I find Tom only slightly enjoyable. What did you do today?

158th New Thing - Tried Sweet Potato Popchips

While we were at Albertsons doing our weekly grocery shopping, there was a lady there giving away free sample bags of Popchips so I took a sample of their Sweet Potato flavor. I had my 0.8 ox bag of Sweet Potato Popchips today with my lunch. Popchips were founded in 2007 in San Francisco as a healthy alternative to traditional potato chips. They aren't fried or baked, but popped by taking potatoes and adding a heat and pressure. They have won awards such as 'Best Snack' from Shape Magazine and 'Best Chips' from Health Magazine. My 0.8 oz bag had 100 calories, 3g fat, 95mg sodium, 16g carbohydrates, and 2g sugar. They had a slightly salted and sweet flavor in the airy chip. It was a good snack with my lunch.   What did you do today?  

144th New Thing - Ate a LQ Belgian Waffle

We stayed at the La Quinta Inn & Suites  the past 2 nights since my brother and sister-in-law were visiting Colorado to ski. LQ's serve free Bright Side Breakfast daily as an amenity to all guests. The Bright Side Breakfast includes: waffles, hot and cold cereal, bread/bagels/muffins/pastries, hard boiled eggs, fresh fruit, and all-you-can-drink coffee/juice/milk. This morning, I made-my-own LQ Belgian Waffle. They make the batter and you make the waffle on their iron. It cooked evenly and turned out fluffy and tender. I wonder what mix they use for the batter (my 1st internet search suggested that they buy their waffle mix from Sysco , my 2nd internet image search found out it is Carbon's Golden Malted Original Pancake & Waffle Flour). I ate 1/2 of my waffle with syrup and fruit and the other half with PB&J. It was a good breakfast to have before skiing, again! What did you do today?