Skip to main content

333rd New Thing - Consumed Wheatgrass

I didn't have time to post the last night, therefore I'm posting this late as this occurred yesterday (Mon 9/17/12).
File:Wheatgrass.jpg
Since I'm training for the marathon and the marathon is this Saturday, my co-work suggested I take wheatgrass Monday to Friday. He gave me 5 tablespoons of powder to add to fruit smoothies every morning this week. Wheatgrass is a food prepared from the cotyledons of the common wheat plant, Triticum aestivum. It is sold either as a juice or powder concentrate. It provides chlorophyll, amino acids, minerals, vitamins, and enzymes. Claims about the health benefits of wheatgrass range from providing supplemental nutrition to having unique curative properties. Some consumers grow and juice wheatgrass in their homes. It is often available in juice bars, alone or in mixed fruit or vegetable drinks. It is also available in many health food stores as fresh produce, tablets, frozen juice and powder. I blended 5 ice cubes, peach yogurt, orange mango juice, and 1 tablespoon of wheatgrass to make a smoothie. I could taste the grassy taste but it was masked by the other fruit flavors.

Benefits of Wheatgrass:
  1. Wheatgrass is high in magnesium and therefore great at fighting constipation as well as improving fertility.
  2. Wheatgrass juice is high in oxygen which is great for brain and body tissue function.
  3. The chlorophyll found in wheatgrass benefits those with blood sugar problems and anemia. It also neutralizes toxins and assists in purifying the liver.
  4. Wheatgrass contains over 100 elements and enzymes needed by the human body for normal function.
  5. Wheatgrass benefits those with blood pressure problems and other sorts of blood disorders.
Wheatgrass Powder 

What did you do today?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

132nd New Thing - Played with Talking Tom Cat

I was searching through apps on my Droid Razr and came about Outfit7's Talking Tom Cat . This app is described as a cat that responds to your touch and repeats everything you say in a funny voice. I wanted to see what it was all about so I downloaded the app to my Razr to check it out. You can Talk to Tom and he will repeat everything you say with a funny voice, pet his body or head to make him purr, poke his head, belly or feet, grab his tail, pour a glass of milk for him to drink, and forget about him and he will yawn or sneeze. I find Tom only slightly enjoyable. What did you do today?

158th New Thing - Tried Sweet Potato Popchips

While we were at Albertsons doing our weekly grocery shopping, there was a lady there giving away free sample bags of Popchips so I took a sample of their Sweet Potato flavor. I had my 0.8 ox bag of Sweet Potato Popchips today with my lunch. Popchips were founded in 2007 in San Francisco as a healthy alternative to traditional potato chips. They aren't fried or baked, but popped by taking potatoes and adding a heat and pressure. They have won awards such as 'Best Snack' from Shape Magazine and 'Best Chips' from Health Magazine. My 0.8 oz bag had 100 calories, 3g fat, 95mg sodium, 16g carbohydrates, and 2g sugar. They had a slightly salted and sweet flavor in the airy chip. It was a good snack with my lunch.   What did you do today?  

144th New Thing - Ate a LQ Belgian Waffle

We stayed at the La Quinta Inn & Suites  the past 2 nights since my brother and sister-in-law were visiting Colorado to ski. LQ's serve free Bright Side Breakfast daily as an amenity to all guests. The Bright Side Breakfast includes: waffles, hot and cold cereal, bread/bagels/muffins/pastries, hard boiled eggs, fresh fruit, and all-you-can-drink coffee/juice/milk. This morning, I made-my-own LQ Belgian Waffle. They make the batter and you make the waffle on their iron. It cooked evenly and turned out fluffy and tender. I wonder what mix they use for the batter (my 1st internet search suggested that they buy their waffle mix from Sysco , my 2nd internet image search found out it is Carbon's Golden Malted Original Pancake & Waffle Flour). I ate 1/2 of my waffle with syrup and fruit and the other half with PB&J. It was a good breakfast to have before skiing, again! What did you do today?